Joseph E. Zaloga Post 1520, 4 Everett Rd. Ext., Albany, NY 12205
REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces and Must have served at least one day of active federal military service during one of the dates below and honorably discharged or still serving honorably. :
APRIL 6, 1917 - NOVEMBER 11, 1918
DECEMBER 7, 1941 - TO A TIME LATER DETERMINED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY SERVING ON FEDERAL ACTIVE DUTY THE JOSEPH E. ZALOGA POST WILL PAY YOUR DUES FOR AS LONG AS YOU REMAIN ON ACTIVE DUTY.
Note: Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces who served or are serving on Federal Active duty during this time period are eligible to join The American Legion.
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, Harvey Martel (518 256-2256) or stop at the Post.
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on "APPLICATION" in the box to the left.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to above address, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application). Applications are also available at the Post.)
2. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE.
3. Membership Dues are $40.00. Make checks payable to "Joseph E. Zaloga Post 1520". DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. When the information is verified, membership will be approved and a membership card and door key card will be mailed to you.
5. If you are currently serving on federal active duty and are a member of a regular component of of the US Armed Forces, we would need a copy of your military ID Card in addition to the application. If you are currently serving on federal active duty and a member of a Reserve component, we would need a copy of your orders ordering you to active duty in addition to the application.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
c. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. Membership dues payment: if current year dues are not paid, please include payment for dues ($40.00).